Home / About N!LTC
The New! Learning to Communicate series is a revised edition of the highly successful communicative series, ‘Learning to Communicate’. An innovative, need-based and learner-centred course for the pre-primary, primary and middle classes, it is designed to teach students the basic skills of communication and to use English effectively and with confidence in all situations.
The book completely meets the new NCERT guidelines and syllabi. Most of the substantive revisions and modifications in this book are a result of the excellent feedback we have received from the users of this book.
The course primarily aims at :
- Inculcating and further developing in the learner the four basic skills of listening, speaking, reading, and writing;
- Sharpening the learner's communicative skills;
- Aactivating the cognitive and affective faculties of the learners by stimulating their minds and emotions.
A few significant additions to this edition are given below :
- A comprehensive coverage of the grammar syllabus. Copious and varied activities on the use of grammar have been included in the coursebooks as well as the activity books.
- The activities are contextualized and will enable the learner to use English. correctly and confidently.
- Inclusion of the works of Indo-Anglian writers as well as translations from our regional literature.
- Enhancement of oral-aural skills through practice in an exclusive section.
- Emphasis on life-skills. Each coursebook lists some problems and a few probable solutions. The learner has to take a considered decision about the solution.
- Two new projects in each coursebook which are primarily learner-centred and will ensure the participation of every learner in class.
- Activities on study skills with an emphasis on the use of a dictionary. They will contribute towards learner autonomy.
The course consists of :
- Primers A and B and Coursebooks 1 to 8.
- Primer Activity Books A and B and Workbooks 1 to 8.
- Enrichment Readers 1 and 2 and Literary Readers 3 to 8.
- Teacher's Kit for each level.